Use dual headsets for training
VOIP phones have the ability to use two headsets at the same time. This is fantastic for training purposes as the trainer can listen in and provide assistance to a trainee’s call. Or the trainee can simply listen in to a call made by the trainer.
To set this up you need to use the Phone Management Console. To get to this simply type the IP address of your phone into the url section in the web browser. You will then be shown a login page. You will need a username and password to access the Phone Management Console.
If you are running 3CX then you can find the username and password by using the following steps:
- Enter the 3CX management console for the user.
- Go into ‘Phones’ and select the extension you want to change. Make a note of the ‘Phone Password’ (there are three passwords in a row: ‘Password’, ‘Phone Password’, ‘PIN’)
You can also get to the Phone Management Console from within 3CX by:
- When in the ‘Phone’ section – At the top select ‘Phone UI’ and enter the Username as ‘Admin’ and the Password ad the ‘Phone Password’ you make a note of.
Once inside the Phone Management Console you can change the phone’s settings to allow Duel Headset use. In a Yealink phone you can do this by:
- Click Features, click General information and scroll down to Dual Headset. This will be disabled by default. Enable it and click save at the bottom. This will set the port to a listen only on the handset port.
- Now test the phone by calling someone and using two headsets or a headset and a handset at the same time. One will be able to listen and speak while the other will only be able to listen.
If you need further guidance feel free to call the Andisa Support Desk on 01423 290029 and we will be happy to help!