What is it a cloud server?
A cloud server is just like a server you would have in your office. It works in exactly the same way. The only difference is where it is physically stored. Andisa has multiple high-power servers, located on our premises, which we ‘rent’ out for use over the Cloud as Virtual Servers.
A Cloud Server can have an infinite number of users meaning the whole businesses can be run from a single one. Each user will have a different login with access to personal and shared files. There is also virtually no risk to you as we have a constant uptime and have complete server and user backups off site backups every night. This means that you can access from anywhere in the world 24/7 (as long as you have internet access). It also means that if some has accidentally deleted something important, we can retrieve it.
Read more about our off-site backups here.
Benefits of using Andisa Cloud Servers
Andisa provides the personal touch. We offer an experience not just a product. We will sit down with you and go through your business needs, finding exactly how our cloud servers can help develop your business. We’ll probably suggest ways to use them in ways you never thought you could!
We are Cyber Essentials certified and the review covers our hosted systems as well as our internal, proving that they are well designed and secure.
- Less downtime
- Our servers and internet access are tuned for performance. If your own connection is unreliable, you can easily move to anywhere in the world and connect.
- Access from any location on any device 24/7 for authorised personnel.
- Fast simple support
- Our systems are monitored with automatic alerting systems. Our support desk is based in Harrogate. We can administer, tune and monitor the systems easily. We can even ‘remote control’ one of your sessions if you have a problem.
- Lower client PC costs
- Normally applications are installed on your own PC and you cannot access them from anywhere but your own desk. In a hosted system, software is installed on a central server. Because the server is much more powerful than a PC, it can run the software more efficiently.
Your PC simply needs to send the keyboard and mouse click s to the server, and then display the changes on your screen. The PCs can be lower power and so older PCs can be used or lower spec PCs purchased as replacements.
- Secure your data
- Data is stored on the server and doesn’t get to the local PC disk. This means that employees can work from anywhere. It also means that data cannot be stolen easily – improving security.
- Reduce your power costs
- Did you know that a server sat in your office consumes as much as £90 per month in electricity! Obviously if you don’t have a server on site, you don’t have to pay for the electricity!
- Server performance is guaranteed
- Agree the processor speed and memory at the start of our agreement
Add extra memory or processors as you go if you find you need more performance.
- Access from any location or hot desk from your own location. Printers automatically connect. Use any device including iphones and tablets!