How do you know if your IT provider is doing their job.
Here are 5 leading indicators that will help you understand if you are getting good service or if there are pains that need addressing.
- Have confidence that backups are operating each day?
and perhaps get annual invites to take part in a recovery test.
How do you know that they are working? Is there a report, or do you simply know that you swap the media each day?
- Know that windows updates on the servers and PC’s regularly?
Are they planned and you are contacted to arrange them or do you just assume it is happening.
- Witness a high staff turnover at the IT provider?
The IT team need to be proud of their work if they will do awesome work and keep you running without issue.
- Is there a “run book” that shows all the important configuration changes that make your own company tick smoothly.
Without good support documentation you will always get unpredictable outcomes and daily frustration.
- Have engineers who visit without hesitation when you have a problem?
If they hesitate before coming to site, are you paying enough, or are they not giving good service?