Follow our short video to learn how to clean-up old mail in Outlook 2016 and then how to open the file.
- click the “file button”
- click “Tools”
- click “Clean-up Old items”
- select a folder to clean-up (use the mailbox name at the top of the list to select everything)
- choose an archive file by browsing
- click “OK”
To open afterwards
- click the file button
- click “Open & Export”
- click “outlook data file”
- browse to your file and click “open”
- you will find the archive on your left hand menu looking like another inbox
- don’t forget to close it after you finish by right clicking and choose close.