We are regularly asked why a users PC simply says – can’t connect to the server . This is especially common when the user has a Virgin internet connection.
A Little while ago Virgin blocked VPN connection from home lines by changing a default setting on the SuperHub modems. They did it to make sure you were more secure and so that you made an informed choice to set up VPN, however its easy to configure if you know the admin password for your Super Hub. (This is normally found on the back of the SuperHub unless you have already changed it).
The process is as follows:
- Browse to your SuperHub’s IP Address (e.g. 192.168.0.1) and log in
- Select “Advanced Settings” and click “Yes” to confirm you want to view these
- Select “Firewall” from the list
- Tick “IPSec Pass-Through”, “PPTP Pass-Through” and “Multicast Pass-Through” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Yes” to confirm settings change
- Try to connect your VPN again.
This allows the traffic through for VPN authentication and should now allow your VPN to connect as normal.
Source : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-Setup-Equipment/vpn-access-not-working-with-new-super-hub-box/td-p/2027284
Don’t forget that if you ever reset your SuperHub by pressing the button, get a new SuperHub or Virgin send out new programs then you will have to repeat this process.