Avast Antivirus is fantastic antivirus software that we recommend to all our clients. Every now and then the software needs a manual update to be run. This update is easy to do yourself. We have created a video-guide for you to follow and some written steps too. Have a look below:
How To Update Avast Video-Guide
- Click on the Start button and search for AVAST. Click on the AVAST software to open the program.
- In the top right-hand corner is the ‘Menu’ button. Click on this.
- When the menu bar open on the right, click ‘Settings’.
- A new menu will appear, click on ‘Update’.
- There are two different updates you need to perform. For both, there is a button ‘Check for Update’. Click both buttons and wait for the check to be finished.
- Once the check is finished it will show you ‘Up to date’ or ‘Restart needed’.
- If a re-start is needed, then save and close any other programs that you have and then click ‘Restart’. Your computer will turn off and then back on. Once this is done the update is complete