In this example we will demonstrate how to perform a blind and attended (consultative) transfer using a Yealink T21/T22/T26.
Note: A Blind Transfer is a transfer to another extension without actually initiating a call to the end destination. The call is blindly transferred to the destination. By comparison, an attended transfer is a transfer where before actually transferring to the destination, the call is put on hold and another call is initiated to confirm whether the end destination actually wants to take the call or not. These two calls are then merged together.
Blind Transfer Method
- Press the “Answer” soft key to answer an incoming call.
- Press the “Tran” soft key, enter the extension number of the person you would like to transfer the call to. Press the “Tran” soft key.
Attended Transfer Method
- Press the “Tran” or the “Transfer” soft key during a call.
- Enter the extension number of the user you would like to transfer the call to.
- Press the “Send” soft key, “OK” or “#” to dial out.
- After the party answers the call, press the “Tran” or the “Transfer” soft key to complete the transfer.