Andy and Paolo attended the MikroTik User Meeting in Birmingham 8th October.
There were a number of speakers including Andy who explained how it was possible to create a very secure network using MikroTik routers.
The important points were:
- Good planning – document and think about the access you need before you start.
- Use simple firewall rules, grouping network address ranges or interfaces together with lists.
- Regularly scan the network to detect vulnerabilities or config mistakes.
- Keep a change log for the network.
- Involve the users in the decisions.
You can view the presentation on line at https://mum.mikrotik.com/2018/UK/agenda